In November we are running a one-day Mental Health Awareness for Managers course.
|Date:||29 November 2016|
|Venue:||National Star College, Ullenwood, Cheltenham, GL53 9QU|
Mental health problems, such as stress, anxiety and depression, are on of the most significant causes of sickness absence. Managers and supervisors have an important part to play in addressing this issue – their behaviour has a significant impact on the mental wellbeing of their staff and they are likely to be the first people to be involved when problems arise.
This course equips managers and supervisors with the knowledge, skills and awareness they need need to better manage mental health in the work place and support staff who are experiencing mental health problems.
The course covers:
- The costs of poor mental health at work.
- Overcoming the stigma of mental health.
- The common mental health conditions – what it is like to experience them, their symptoms and treatment.
- Mental health at work and the law.
- What makes for good mental health at work.
- How to talk to staff about their mental health.
- Real-life case studies.
Who should attend: Managers and supervisors with responsibility for staff, HR professionals.
To book you place online click here or call us on 01386 839427.
We can also run this as in in-house course course, please call for more information.